Sunday, September 7, 2008

Heaton Family Reunion: Rush 2008

I love this shot of Sally. Just gracing some random lawn chair with her presence and looking as lovely as ever.

A timed sawing competiton. Obviously one of the happiest moments in my life. We finished in 22 seconds, which means it would prob take us six years to cut down a real tree. Okay. We were actually ranked pretty high...then (surprise of the century) my mom beat us...21 seconds! Way to go Mama!

Cousin Emily. One of my favorite people of all time. I love her immensely and I'm fairly certain she could save the world if she had to.


Echo and Ada. Such beauty!

Here's the story. We are getting ready to leave on the "Hike for Fossils." He spontaneously decides he wants to join, but has no idea where his shoes are. We tell him he can't go. He's upset. We feel badly. We say, "Okay, but shoes or no shoes, no one is going to carry you." Yeah. He did 68% of the hike barefoot. The little trooper.
Our fearless leader and native to wild, untamed territories such as this, Carl H.

The Rock Sliders! The little ones taught me how. Great fun!

Oh! You two cute little briar rabbits.

Had I found a diamond...(or an Egyptian mummy), I would not have been more thrilled.

The Fossil Finders

According to Brit, this is the greatest photo I have ever taken...Perhaps, you adorable little thing, you.

Saving the best for last....this is my absolute favorite photo of the whole day. Never once complaining, he was by far the most youthful person on our three mile hike through all types of terrain. Whilst piggy backing him, he politely started converstation by complimenting my necklace and then asking about it and my earrings. Such a dear, sweet little boy and what a lovely memory to end a wonderful, wonderful day.

2 comments:

Jared - Christina said...

Great pictures, Brooke! I had to laugh at the part where he couldn't find his shoes! That seems to be the case A LOT around here too. What a little trooper to go almost the whole time barefoot. He really wanted to go. Such a sweet picture at the end too. Just precious!

Anonymous said...

brooke, you are so beautiful!